2015 Welcome!Dear Friends - Happy New Year! Thank you for your continued interest and participation in BCA CBE events and activities. 2014 was very eventful for CBE, with a record number of trainings, lectures, conferences and new levels of dharma learning, discussion and engagement, from coast to coast and globally! Working under the guidance of the Office of the Bishop, and together with BCA Districts, local temples and affiliate groups, we can look back at an amazing year of dharma education and see that it was a very special year, "Taking Refuge in the Light of Joy." 2015 promises to be full of exciting dharma events for all, as we all challenge ourselves to "Live a Real Life," as stated in BCA's 2015 theme. (See Rev. Kodo Umezu's message on this in the 2015 BCA Calendar.) Gassho/Palms together, The CBE Staff
While CBE is based at the JSC, a significant number of programs are now conducted in the various BCA districts:
- Winter and Spring Pacific Seminars - For the past three years, CBE and IBS have co-sponsored these sessions in Southern California at the Nishi Hongwanji Betsuin and Gardena Buddhist Church.
- The Eastern Tour and the new Northwest Tour - CBE has revived this tradition which dispatches a guest minister on a speaking tour of a region's temples.
- Central California District Buddhist Education Program - CBE has ben helping to facilitate monthly classes and lectures at the many temples in this district.
- Minister's Assistant Program (MAP) - Sessions have been conducted in the Eastern District (Ekoji, VA and the NY Buddhist Church).
- The LGBTQ Community & Shin Buddhism Seminar - CBE will be presenting this at the New York Buddhist Church in 2015.
Support CBE Educational Programs: 3 ways to support CBE educational programs.
Contact Information: BCA Center for Buddhist Education (510) 809-1460, (510) 809-1462 (fax), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. mailing address: 2140 Durant Avenue Berkeley, CA 94704. Directions here.